A warm welcome to you and the start of our therapy relationship.
1 Length of Therapy sessions
Therapy sessions are 50 minutes in length unless otherwise agreed.
My fee is £65 per session pro rata. This will be paid promptly after each session. The method of payment is by bank transfer. I will give you two months’ notice of any increase to my fee.
My bank details will be provided when required
3 Cancellation and illness policy
My policy for cancellation and illness is as follows.
- In order for you to cancel a session without charge you need to give me 24 hours’ notice. My full fee will be levied if notice within this period is not given. Thank you for respecting this clinical boundary as my professional time for your session has been set aside specifically for you.
4 Confidentiality policy
My confidentiality policy is as follows. All sessions are confidential with the following exceptions:
- If you pose a serious threat to your own life or well-being and are not prepared to take steps to protect yourself, I will take steps to provide such protection.
- If you pose a serious threat to the life or well-being of another person and are not prepared to take steps to protect them, I will take steps to provide such protection.
- If I am legally mandated to make my notes available.
- When working with my supervisor, at which time I would only use your first name and any business information, and names of other people would remain anonymous.
- On occasion, I may wish to record a session for supervision and my own development purposes, in which case I will request and agree this with you in advance.
- If you wish me to provide information about our sessions to a third party, I require notification of this request in writing.
5 My working environment
- For face-to-face sessions, as I do not have waiting room facilities, I would be grateful if you would arrive, or ring my buzzer, at your appointed time and not before.
- Please do not attend a therapy or coaching session if you are intoxicated or are under the influence of a non-prescribed mind-altering drug.